PLAQUE
https://collections.galtmuseum.com/link/artifact7889
- Material Type
- Artifact
- Other Name
- LABOUR CLUB
- Materials
- ALUMINUM
- Catalogue Number
- P19980008000
- Material Type
- Artifact
- Other Name
- LABOUR CLUB
- Date
- 1965
- Materials
- ALUMINUM
- No. Pieces
- 1
- Height
- 1.1
- Length
- 69.1
- Width
- 45.7
- Description
- ALUMINUM RECTANGULAR PLAQUE MARKED "THE LABOR CLUB OF LETHBRIDGE ERECTED THIS BUILDING AS A MONUMENT TO THE LABOR MOVEMENT", "OPENED APRIL 10, 1965 BY EDWARD CASTLES PAST BOARD CHAIRMAN", "BOARD OF DIRECTORS D.C. COOPER-CHAIRMAN, A. MILROY- SECRETARY-MANAGER, W.A. DEWHIRST, R.A. BERLANDO, S. GEORGE, P. OVERES", AND "ARCHITECTS - MEECH MITCHELL ROBINS & WATSON". EACH OF THE FOUR CORNERS HAS A HOLE TO MOUNT PLAQUE. SURFACE SLIGHTY SCRATCHED.
- Subjects
- CEREMONIAL ARTIFACT
- Historical Association
- ASSOCIATIONS
- History
- FROM ORIGINAL LABOR CLUB BUILDING ON 13TH STREET & 2ND AVENUE NORTH, NOW THE BILL KERGAN CENTRE. DONOR WAS 1ST CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, AND HAS BEEN IN LETHBRIDGE SINCE 1941 WHEN HE WAS STATIONED AT THE NO. 8 BOMBING AND GUNNERY SCHOOL. WORKED FOR THE CITY OF LETHBRIDGE ELECTRICAL DEPARTMENT FROM 1945 UNTIL HE RETIRED IN 1972. MARRIED WIFE HAZEL BODGENER IN 1943, WHOSE PARENTS OPERATED A DAIRY ON 16 STREET & 2 A AVE NORTH.
- Catalogue Number
- P19980008000
- Acquisition Date
- Feb-98
- Collection
- Museum
{{ server.message }}