CARDIOGRAPH
https://collections.galtmuseum.com/link/artifact2547
- Material Type
- Artifact
- Other Name
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH C/W CASE
- Date Range From
- 1930
- Date Range To
- 1940
- Materials
- WOOD, STEEL, BRASS
- Catalogue Number
- P19739256000
- Material Type
- Artifact
- Other Name
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH C/W CASE
- Date Range From
- 1930
- Date Range To
- 1940
- Materials
- WOOD, STEEL, BRASS
- No. Pieces
- 12
- Height
- 28.6
- Length
- 40.8
- Width
- 19.6
- Description
- RECTANGULAR WOOD CASE WITH 2 LATCHES ON FRONT AND A BRASS PLATE MARKED "SIMPLI-TPOL PORTABLE MODEL CAMBRIDGE ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH". BRASS PLATE ON FRONT "NO. 0-208791 MADE FOR - BY THE CAMBRIDGE INSTITUTE CO. INC." STILL FUNCTIONAL. NAMEPLATE ON BACK OF INSIDE WALL: "MANUFACTURED UNDER ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING UNITED STATES PATENTS 1702650, 1791207, 1797237, 1882402, 1940634,2099938". CYLINDRICAL BLACK STEEL LIGHT COVER INCLUDES 3 LIGHT BULBS, 2 WITH CARDBOARD WRAPPERS. "GENERAL ELECTRIC GE 1933" ON BULBS. SET INCLUDES ELECTRODES, CORDS & BUCKLES. ALL PARTS ARE IDENTIFIED BY MANUFACTURER.
- Subjects
- MEDICAL & DENTAL T&E
- Historical Association
- HEALTH SERVICES
- History
- BELIEVED TO BE THE FIRST, OR ONE OF THE FIRST ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHS USED IN THE CITY OR DISTRICT. ORIGINALLY OWNED BY HAIG CLINIC. LAST USED IN 1965. THE INSTRUMENT HAD BEEN ON DISPLAY AT LETHBRIDGE COLLEGIATE INSTITUTE FOR 5 YRS. BEFORE DONATION TO THE MUSEUM.
- Catalogue Number
- P19739256000
- Acquisition Date
- 1973-06
- Collection
- Museum
{{ server.message }}