"Updraft" was the name of the Lethbridge Flying Club Newsletter. It was written to present a picture of the club's progress, welcome new members and pass along good wishes and congratulations to those who had "made the grade." The club was formed on Jan. 18, 1946 and dissolved April 4, 2015. Flying lessons were offered to members for pilot qualification and members had regular outings and social events. The club billed itself as "South Alberta's University of the Air" and operated out of Lethbridge's Kenyon Field.