Board 30” X 24” with 37 Colored photographs 1.5" X 2" and individuals' names
History / Biographical
Hamilton opened in 1950 and was the first junior high school in Lethbridge located on 5th Avenue and 15th Street South. Mr. G. C. Miller was named principle and Mr. George Watson Sr., was named vice principle of the school. In August of 1951 the school was named Hamilton junior high by the board of trustees. This was in honor of Mr .W. A. Hamilton who had been principle of the high school from 1904-1910, he then held the Superintendent position until 1915, and served in the board of trustees in 1921-1924. In 1957 the school was overcrowded and plans were drawn for an expansion of the school. This decision had some backlash and changes to the plans had to be made. In 1959 the Board agreed on the final plans for the addition to the school. The school eventually closed in 2003 and the students were moved to the new junior high school in West Lethbridge (G.S. Lakie). Today the building houses the headquarters of Lethbridge School District 51 and Allan Watson School.